Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Podcasting: Odeo

I'm actually using some tools from Odeo.com to demonstrate one way to use their FREE service! I just noticed while developing this post that our class will be covering Odeo later in February, so I won't spend a lot of time going into great detail. Here's the down-and-dirty:

Odeo is a free audio creation, storage, podcasting service. It is based out of San Francisco, California, and they began their business in December 2004. They have recently added features to incorporate video stream into the casting (webcasting). This is part one of many for my discovery path (translation: I haven't made a webcast yet), but I'm really excited about discovering the audio/video possibilities for my personal use on the internet. I will keep updates of my journey posted here.

For more specifics from Odeo developers Biz, Noah, and Ev, please listen to the audio clip they created using their own software below. It wanders around a bit, but the middle portion launched great brainstorming ideas in my head for what I could do with this service. And now, our special guest, Odeo...

No comments: