Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My Voice, the mirrored me

I am using this post to feature an original poem of mine, circa 2003. I have included an audio recording of my own recitation of the piece; I invite you to listen to it as you read. This is my quiet artist shining through -- a poet, warrior, woman -- timid but strong.



~~~ caffeine ~~~
caffeine is failing me
waiting to fall now --
already fallen
hope is what I do in that drugged-up state
between
birth and death
but, choosing no longer to hold my breath
I resort to old measures --
drug-induced joy
to give not experience
but shadow reminders
of what I could be -- what I once was:
the faintly mirrored me

Nods to MG Tarquini for trading inspiration with me!

technorati tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Mindy Tarquini said...

This is beautiful, Tommi. Truly.