Thursday, June 15, 2006

"Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see..."

(reference to a quote from Linus of Peanuts in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown")

So my buddy Jimmy R and I were having a little debate. First it was about the origin of 'good grief,' and his response that it must be a Minnesota thing. I tried to argue that Charlie Brown says 'good grief' as well and that Charles Schultz was not from Minnesota. Hm, ended up eating my words -- the Peanuts author originated from Minneapolis.

Unfortunately, the 'Great Pumpkin' episode was all I could find in my attempts to score a 'wah wah wah' clip of the teacher, Ms. Othmar. She's not in this one, but it's always fun to watch a little Peanuts anyway.

Even though it's not Halloween, and Ms. Othman isn't in this feature, there is plenty of 'Good grief!' to be heard. Enjoy, courtesy of YouTube.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice the see someone else besides the looneys here enjoy referring to the 'wah wah wah" teacher. She is kind of a joke among us.

Oh yeah,I now see that you have better Inet at home. Does this mean y'all aren't hanging out late at the 4th street laundromat?

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Hey. Keep writing.

IWO

Tommi L. Godwin said...

hey -- thanks both for dropping me lines. It's really nice to know that people are reading! Yvonne, we are indeed roosting more at the Oak Grove than at the 4th Street suds. Hope all is well.