Monday, June 12, 2006

Right Here, Right Now...


Caught up in present moments now... loving the people close to me. We're on a constant quest for non-dial-up internet at businesses we patronize. Getting wireless at any hour in this town is challenging enough, but getting it after six p.m. is even worse. Found the spot. The wonderful place -- the laundromat. Despite "no loitering" notices, we press on. Have to have our wireless, conduct our business. It's not drug-dealing, after all, just a little necessary web work. Here's a photo journal of my life. My "right now":

Abe and Jenn discuss laptop battery life

Jenn's photo of dryer perspective

I thought 'No Smoking' and 'Change' looked cool together.

Two vices: coffee and a car I can't afford (but it makes me look damn good).

Lights, outside and in, superimposed, American flag sandwiched between here and twilight.

Self portrait, entitled "this is the present"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out which laundromat you were at -- that one across from O'Brian's (or whatever it's called now)? Just curious. I like your photography.

I got your message, and sent you an email -- holla back when you get a chance. Good to hear from you!

Tommi L. Godwin said...

You're right. It's the one across from Bottoms Up/O'Brian's/The "U" Bar -- looking southwest. Thanks for the compliment about the pics. It's just a little EasyShare portable digital, but it has certainly been a helpful tool over the past year and a half to take quick snaps. Looking forward to meeting up for coffee!

Anonymous said...

Liked the pictures. I think the laundromat was probably the first non-coffee shop in Bj to offer wireless. People who ask at the library for close wireless get sent there. What happened to Luekens? Do you still go there for deli/wireless? Daniel said you can't go a block in Bj without picking up wireless, much of it unprotected. I'm just happy we finally have DSL to our house. Way better than what we had.
Yvonne

Tommi L. Godwin said...

We stopped going to Lueken's when the wireless started crawling slower than dialup. Not sure what's going on there, but it was worth the laundromat preference.

Daniel's right about being able to find wireless throughout the area, but I have had a difficult time finding a place that is unprotected and still has room on it's finite bandwidth to support one more piggy-backer without disruption.

Happy to report, though, that I finally have high-speed internet at the house! Thanks for reading, Yvonne.